Saturday, August 21, 2010

6 years!

Tonight Clay and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Mom came out and watch Lilliana so that we could enjoy a nice dinner for just the 2 of us. We ended up going to Buckley's after much contemplation while driving and had a fabulous meal. We were trying to decide between there and Benihana's but we decided since we didn't have reservations, we would probably wait forever at Benihana's. We were able to sit and relax at dinner without entertaining and special little lady and just have some great conversation time. We had planned to go see a movie afterwards but since I had worked the night before, we just picked one up from Redbox and headed back to the house. Of course, I fell asleep while Clay stayed up to watch the movie but he said he enjoyed it!

Lilliana had a great time with her Nana despite the fact that she was still awake when we got home. She kept telling Nana she wasn't tired. It didn't take her too long to fall asleep once we got there and gave her some loving and a little time was spent rocking. I think she is just super used to one of us putting her to bed and she just doesn't want to cave for others.

She was pretty hilarious earlier in the day because I was telling her that Nana was coming over to play with her while Mommy and Daddy went to dinner for our anniversary. She kept asking me why and I told her because we were celebrating the day we got married. She wanted to know why I got married and I was attempting to explain that, not very well mind you, to a 2 year old. I did ask her if she was going to get married when she grew up and she told me she probably would, and it would be to Wilson! She is so silly. I just love my little family.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

happy anniversary!

Jesse said...

Happy anniversary! Congrats on 6 years!

Ryleigh was looking at a picture of Jesse and I (from our wedding day) last week, and said "you and daddy married?" I told her yes, and asked her if she was going to get married when she got old enough. She smiled real big and said, "of course, Mommy! I want to marry Daddy too!" We both melted.