Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trying to stay cool

That's about all we have been doing around here lately. We have had lot's of playdates at either our house or a friends and have been mostly indoors. The highs in Memphis have been around 100 lately with the heat index much higher than that. Way too hot for Lilliana or I to be outside. We have spent a lot of time at Davis Kidd enjoying story time and just playing with all the fun things there, along with some fun trips to The Children's Museum. There have been many Jammie days where we have just lounged at home all day, played games, colored, watched a little television and just had a Mommy and Lilly kind of day. It has been nice to enjoy these last couple month's with just me and my little love.

In one way, I am so ready for Fall. That will bring lots of changes to our family plus hopefully much cooler temps that we can finally enjoy the backyard some. There is also that small part of me that is not ready for all the changes that Fall will bring. I know Lilliana is going to be a great big sister but things are definitely going to change for her. I have been working on picking her up some fun items while we get out to put in a bag for her from the new baby. I have just been trying to find things that will keep her occupied while were at the hospital and while I am feeding the baby. Mostly things that will help develop independent play.

We have had a slight regression in our night time potty training. We have officially been potty trained for more than 7 month's so I decided about a month ago that it was time to get out of pull-ups at night. Well, after 2 weeks of doing great, L started pottying every night in her bed. She wouldn't even wake after doing so. I just would find out when I went to check on her or in the morning. I decided that since she wasn't even waking up with the knowledge that she had tee tee'd that maybe I should just do the pull-ups some more. My mom had suggested maybe it was because she is drinking so much water since it's so hot here but, of course since I went out and bought pull-ups, Lilliana HATES to wear them. I mean HATES it. She threw the biggest tantrum to date on Monday night when I was getting her ready for bed. She associates them with not being a big girl and just wants to wear her panties, and she's been dry every night since then. Who knows. Not sure if it's the security of the pull-up or if she would be dry if I did panties again. I think I'm going to try again next week. Just give her a 1 week break and see how she does.

Tonight is parent's night at her school. I can't believe it's time for her to start back already. We are going to do the 2 days again this time and hopefully she will nap. We had some difficulties this summer since Miss Sha wasn't always there so with the change of teachers I hope she is able to adapt! If not, we will probably be dropping that second day because I sure don't want to start a habit of not napping!

2 comments:

Jena said...

Melody--Have you tried taking L to the bathroom before you go to bed? My boys would sleep through the late night trip to the bathroom and would then stay dry to the morning. Just a suggestion.

ski said...

We would take away all drinks from M about 2 hours before her bedtime and then before WE went to bed I would take her to the potty. She slept right through it and was dry in the AM. Once she started sleeping later, we would take her twice. Once before I went to bed and once about 5am when daddy left for work. It worked well for us. Hope you find something that works for you all soon.