Monday, August 23, 2010

Naps had by all!

Horray! Lilliana napped at school today!! She greeted me at the door when I arrived to pick her up and let me know that "I took a good nap today Mommy." Well, I verified that with her teacher, especially considering that is what she had told me the prior week and that was not the case. They informed me she slept for 1 hour and as far as I am concerned, 1 hour is much better than none so I will take it.

I rewarded her with allowing her to pick out a sucker from the basket at school since I didn't let her last week when she refused to nap. I have informed her, if this trend continues, we can get rewards for her good behavior. It's amazing the difference in her attitude with even as short as a 1 hour nap. She is just so cranky and exhausted by around 5:00 if she doesn't nap. So hard to be around, especially when I am tired and cranky from my short few hours of sleep myself.

She did nap fabulously all last week on the days she wasn't in school so at this point the lack of naps is not taking a toll on our normal schedule. That is what I am most worried about. I know once this new baby comes that I am going to need a few moments of quiet if at all possible and the long term goal of having them both sleep in the afternoon at the same time can hopefully still be a possibility!

No comments: