Well, today was day #2 for school. Again, Lilliana was super excited about going but after a long night that included a sleepless little girl who was still awake around 9:30, and one who woke up just after 6:00, I just knew she would nap at school. I mean, I was tired after that little amount of sleep so surely she wouldn't make it all day. Oh yeah, and combined with the fact that I told her she wouldn't be able to get a sucker after school unless she napped. Well, it didn't work! She again ONLY rested. No nap!! I have no idea what I'm going to do with her. I guess as long as she continues to nap at home I am ok with it but I know she needs that nap. Yesterday she took an almost 3 hour nap while we were at home so I will just give us a little more time to get used to the transition and possibly attempt a nap at school. I asked her teachers if she was being disruptive to the other kids and they told me today she decided to sing along with the CD they had playing during naptime and they had to ask her to sing quieter. That's my girl :)
I did get a little note today on her daily report card that said, "please wear play clothes and shoes appropriate for running on the playground". The note said that the new bigger playground she is on now has mulch and I am sure that she doesn't play very well on it when she gets it in her shoes. Well, it made me sad. All she's ever worn to school is smocked dresses and clothes so I don't know what she's going to wear. We don't even have that many play clothes around here because the only time she wears things like that is on the weekends when I am napping and she's with her Dadda. Oh well, I guess that means we have to make a trip to the store for maybe some keds or something like that and I just may have to get the trusty sewing machine out. She still has to be stylish even if they are considered play clothes. I am going to try and be productive this weekend. Clay and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary on Saturday while Nana watches L so maybe we will try and pick up some things while we are out.
We also made a little trip to the pediatrician today because L has had a little cough and runny nose for a couple days and started telling me last night that her right ear was hurting. This is the first time she has told me specifically something was bothering her so I thought we should get it checked out. I went ahead and sent her to school because she wasn't running a fever but combined with the fact that she hasn't slept as well lately and has been pretty picky about eating I was leaning towards the fact that she probably had an ear infection. Well, we were right. Dr. G looked in the ear she told him was bothering her and he said it was full of fluid and probably causing a lot of pressure and pain for her. He wrote us a script for some Amoxil and Clay has gone to get it filled. Hoping we can get this infection cleared up quickly and she will be back to her old self in no time.
I don't have any pics from today because Prissy Pot was not cooperating this morning and I wasn't willing to fight with her over getting a smile :) Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment