Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Promises

Today we had a jammie day at home. I do believe Lilliana enjoys these days as much if not more than I do. We love to just lounge around in our jammies with no plans on the agenda except enjoying time at home and doing crafts, reading books and just snuggling while watching a movie. I try to have a jammie day at least once a week and since my schedule is a little different this week and I have to work tonight, I thought this was the perfect opportunity.

We started off with a yummy breakfast and sent Clay to his class at school. He has a 3 day course this week that is from 8-5 so another reason we decided to take advantage of a quiet day at home. Little love had told me last night that she wanted to do a craft with elephants so I got online and started searching. I found some elephant coloring pages and then decided we should do something pertaining to Noah's Ark and the story of God's faithfulness since that was also the next story in her bible. We read the bible story and then colored the elephant page. Made a list of all the animals L could think of that may have been on the ark and then glued a picture together of the ark, rainbow and clouds. It was a great morning, all before 9:00.

Then we got out little love's Noah's Ark matching game and played a few rounds of that before taking a little snack and movie break. I didn't have anything that really pertained to the day so L chose an episode of Sesame Street since it was currently being taped by the DVR when I turned the television on.

We then enjoyed lunch and then I have Little Love a bath since it seems to help her calm down before napping and I thought it would help Clay out in the morning since she has school tomorrow and he has to get her ready by himself since I will be at work. We played with her motorboat and watering can we keep in the tub and sang lots of songs while she splashed around and "swam" in the tub.

Then we snuggled on the couch and watched an episode of Dora, all about her becoming a big sister, per Little Love's request and then blow dried her hair and rocked for nap time. She took a great nap which was fabulous since I was able to sleep well too and then we cooked dinner and ate with Clay before I headed out to work. She was still in her clean jammies from after bath time when I left the house and it was so nice to not have anywhere we HAD to be today. She has been asking a lot about ballet lately and I keep informing her that it starts back next month. She has been doing a lot of dancing around the living room and showing everyone that comes over all of her ballet moves. I hope she continues to enjoy it and as long as she does, we will continue to take. It should be interesting this Fall as it will be me vs. 2 kids at dance class! I am actually super excited and can't wait. (Well, I can wait until at least October, no earlier please) :)

No comments: