Friday, May 01, 2009

My limits ...

Just last week I finished Beth Moore's new study on Esther. To say it was amazing would be putting things lightly. I absolutely loved it and felt very changed by the end of it. There were many times when I would see myself or something that I was possibly struggling with in my life right within that week's study. I highly recommend it and feel it has been her best study thus far. I mean, I LOVE me some Beth Moore. I am waiting as patiently as possible for this coming October when I am going to be able to see this amazing woman live, here in Memphis.

I say all this because earlier tonight I had a moment where I felt that I had some idea how Beth felt in one of her video simulcasts we watched. I remember her speaking about the love a mother has for their daughter and how "no one messes with her girl's!" At the time I just laughed when Beth told us that she "has never been so close to beating up 8 year olds than when they messed with her little girl." Lilliana and I ventured out to Johnson Park in Collierville earlier to watch Clay umpire some games and spend some time outside. I had heard how great the park was there and decided that we would venture over that way for a while so that she could burn some energy and get some good exercise. We weren't there 30 seconds when the first incident happened. The first place she went was to the swings but there weren't any available, but not because they were full of precious little munchkins, but because there adults in all of them! Seriously, I know they were all "watching" their children but come on. Then she decided to play inside this little tunnel thing and as soon as she got in and I went on the other side to play peek-a-boo 2 little kids jumped in there, pushing her out of the way and banging her head up against the wall. Of course, I am sure it wasn't as bad as it sounded, especially since Lilliana didn't seem bothered by it but when I asked the kids to be careful, they just looked at me and said they were playing tag and couldn't get out. Again, Lilliana and I just decided we would find somewhere else to play. She loved running up and down on all the playground equipment but was knocked to the ground more times than I would like to admit. I was getting so frustrated. I really thought back to my Beth Moore study and would have liked to put some of those kids in their place or at least let their Mom's know a thing or two that was on my mind.

Of course I didn't because, 1. I am a Christian woman and didn't want to show other's THAT side of me 2. I really didn't know who belonged to whom and 3. It really didn't bother Lilly, just this Momma! and I am a pretty passive person. I really tend to let others walk all over me, I don't like to stir things up and just really want to be likable to others. That is until it has to do with my little love. It was all I could do to hold my tongue. I will admit that I think I said more than once, under my breath, but probably loud enough for those directly around me to hear, how rude those kids were. I'm not proud of this, but it is amazing how things change when "someone messes with your daughter!"

We ended up just leaving and enjoying a popsicle together from the popsicle truck and then headed back to meet daddy. At first I vowed not to ever go back but after some recommendations from some of my friends that live out there I think we may try it again during the day when all the bigger kids are in school. Let's hope the next time doesn't almost bring me to tears as this trip almost did!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I took my niece and nephew to that park during the day and it was all young kids and their moms. There were alot of kids, but there were no problems. I guess because they were younger.

Anonymous said...

I understand! It is amazing how many mom's let their kids run around like that and don't do anything about their aggressiveness! If I ever caught Sophia acting like that, playground time would end right away with an apology!

Milly Mount said...

Poor little Lilly :( I don't know if I would've had the self control not to lash out at the kids and their parents!