Friday, May 08, 2009

No longer a milk maid

Actually I am not even sure if milk maid's make milk or what their exact purpose is, but after 16 month's 3 weeks and 1 day, this Momma's diner is closed. When this adventure first started, my original goal was 6 month's, then once we passed that milestone we set our sight's on 1 year. It wasn't until my pediatrician, the amazing Dr. K suggested us continuing through RSV/Flu season that the thought even crossed my mind. It has been some of the best 16 month's of my life and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Lilly was always such a great eater and I loved the benefits for myself also! Kinda sad in some ways that this stage is over but I know that I have given Lilly the best start possible and for that I am so very grateful!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I was very sad to stop nursing Dakota at 13 months. I think by the end I was just doing it for myself and the bonding at the end of a long day :).