Monday, May 18, 2009

Late Mother's Day Brunch

Today Clay, Mom, Lilliana and I headed to Owen Brennan's for their delicious brunch. This was where we wanted to go last Sunday but I waited too late to call and make reservations so they were already booked when I finally remembered. No big deal though because they are usually so busy on holidays that it worked out well since we were able to have a nice relaxing lunch today, without all the hustle and bustle.

I worked on Saturday night so I was pretty tired but we still had a great lunch and enjoyed the time we had together. Clay and Lilliana headed to church this morning so that I was able to get a couple hours sleep before going to lunch and while they were on their way out of the parking lot, my poor little love fell and busted her bottom lip. I think Clay was really worried I was going to be mad but I was just glad it wasn't any worse. Her teeth and still in tact and she just hit on her bottom lip. I knew something was up when Clay told me to make sure I had clothes ready for her upon their arrival home. I was wondering why she couldn't just stay in her church dress but I found out fairly quickly. Clay had blood on his nice white Polo and Lilly was just wearing her little bodysuit I had just gotten her from Janie and Jack. Poor little baby is such a little trooper. I felt so bad for her because Clay said she just laid her head on his shoulder and cried. I hate that I wasn't there but I probably would have made a bigger deal out of the situation, thus making Lilly more upset than she already was.

After lunch we took some pictures outside and then headed back to the house so that Lilly and I could nap once more. I had to go into work tonight so I knew I needed to get some more sleep so that I would be ready for another all nighter. Lilly was exhausted from all the excitement of the day and took a great nap and then after eating dinner I headed to work. I itypically talk with Clay after he puts Lilly down to sleep and he said tonight she pulled a pillow down from the couch and just laid down in the floor just after 7. He knew she was tired so went ahead and rocked her to sleep. She is just precious and loves her Dadda. I still say she rocks better with him becuase he is more squishy than me :) Sometimes she is just so fidgety when I rock her but not with Clay.

Here's onto another week, hopefully filled with lots more fun. We are starting a letter and color of the week tomorrow and we also have swimming lessons in the morning that will last all week. We are really looking forward to the time together and hopefully the weather will cooperate so that we don't freeze in the pool!







No comments: