When I got home from the beach, I purchased my first bottle of Dreft and got to work washing baby clothes. I hung them up on little hangers and placed them neatly in the nursery to be. Of course, if you've read my blog very long, you know that pregnancy was not meant to be. After delivering Cooper at just over 25 weeks and shortly there after learning of his congenital heart defect, that lonely room upstairs took on a new meaning. It wasn't until Clay and I were packing up our old house in preparation to move that I finally packed all of Cooper's things away in a box. It also held all of the things from his Memorial service and a multitude of cards that I received from so many friends and family.
After coming home with my 2nd son just 2 short weeks ago, and seeing him wearing his precious brother's coming home outfit that never was able to be used 4 years ago, I knew I wanted to get the rest of his stuff from that box. I actually didn't realize how much stuff I had purchased and when I talked to Clay about getting it from the attic he questioned me and said he hadn't mentioned it because he wasn't sure I wanted to use any of it.
Actually, it makes my heart so happy to be able to put these precious clothes to use. I love seeing things that although were originally purchase for my first son, worn by the miracle boy we have at home with us. I look at it as just one more way to keep Cooper's memory alive and now I just wish I had purchased even more!
6 comments:
This made me tear up! I'm so glad he is able to wear Cooper's clothes and keep his memory even more alive! That is so special!!
Melody,
I have fallowed your blog since you were pregnant with Cooper. We met at Clays cousins wedding. Toshi has been my best friend for years. I sympathized with you when Cooper went ot be with Jesus because I too had lost my first son. I understood how happy you were when L was born perfect. I also could empathize with the fear that being pregnant after losing a child can bring. But, I also totally get the wonderfull joy you speak of in bringing out that box and letting H wear the things you bought so long ago. My first son was a preemie and so was our second. I am SO glad I held on to the things I did and allowed my second son to wear them and fill them with life. Thanks for sharing your life so openly.
It's such a beautiful example of how far God has brought you in those 4 years. I know you will never forget your first son but I'm sure when you look at your 2 beautiful, healthy children you are reminded that "weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning."
This post is perfect. Tears, and many hugs for the blessings God has given you.
My sweet, dear Melody.....I would have never wished any of the heartbreak on you.....losing your daddy was hard enough at 15, and then to lose Cooper....but now, to have been so blessed with Lilliana and Hamilton---give all the glory to God. But I want you to know how proud I am of the young "woman" you have become, and how, with God's Grace, you have handled everything dealt to you. Life is tough--and it's not fair either. I will love you always.....you have my heart. Mom
Tears from me too! I am happy precious Hamilton is wearing Cooper's clothes. You are SUCH an amazing woman!! ;)
Post a Comment