Thursday, October 21, 2010

What a day!

Today was quite the adventure. I have noticed H for the last couple days having some pretty violent spitting up / projectile vomiting after feeding. It's not every feeding but has increased as much as three times a day in the last week. I had mentioned it casually to Dr. K at our 2 week check-up but since he had gained weight so well, neither one of us thought much about it. Well, I know with my medical background that this could be a sign of pyloric stenosis so I made a call to the Pediatrician earlier today and got in for a quick visit. I saw Dr. W today and he agreed that we may need to investigate thing further and he ordered an ultrasound to follow-up that we are scheduled for tomorrow. Of course, the bad news is that H can't eat 4 hours before which means he will be starving by time we get there but hopefully they will take us on time and we won't have to wait long.

When we got home from the doctor, Clay and Little Love were just waking from an afternoon nap and since I was so tired from not getting a nap that afternoon we decided to run and grab some dinner to go. We went to Humdinger's and enjoyed some yummy fish taco's before heading back to the house. Little Love enjoyed her grilled chicken and rice although I think her favorite part is that the kids meal comes with a juice box! Luckily, H slept the entire time we were gone but he was ready to eat again when we got back home. I fed him and was trying to get him to burp good, in hopes of not loosing everything he had just eaten when he decided to throw-up all over me. I am talking in my face, on the couch cushions, the floor, soaking the both of us, oh and Little Loves new doll. She went ballistic. Crying and screaming that her little koala bear was ruined. She was so stinkin sad, it just broke my heart. While I was trying to comfort her and explain he didn't do it on purpose. Then, I just had to laugh because I didn't even have time to turn him around this time and just decided we both needed a bath. I promised Little Love that we would wash the doll and dry it before she had to go to bed. That worked thankfully. I was definitely glad I had made that appointment earlier in the day because if there was ever a doubt that his vomiting was projectile, this just confirmed it!

I decided to strip H down to bathe him and just like the little boy that he is, he decided to pee all over me, the counter, and the floor right when I was in the middle of his bath. I just started laughing again and Clay asked me what was going on and then helped me clean things up, again. Then, since H still hates baths for the most part and had lost everything he had eaten previously, he was acting as if he was starving so I decided to feed him and put him down for bed. Well, Clay heard Little Love say she wanted to stay in H's room with me to feed him so Clay wasn't watching her. I assumed he was and when we both realized neither of us were, Clay found he in her room playing with her finger paints. On a coloring book that is but of course some of it was on her jammies, the floor, her new rug and on her hands and face. Initially I was irritated with Clay because I thought he just wasn't paying attention to her but then I just got over it. I know things like this are going to happen and I am just glad they were washable!

No comments: