I was so glad that I was finally able to put Cooper's coming home outfit to good use. Hamilton fit into that precious little blue outfit just perfectly. I had been saving it for the last 4 years and I am so glad that my second little boy was able to wear this outfit to come home with Mom and Dad.
We had to take care of a few little things before being discharged so it was almost 3:00 before we arrived home. Little Love was more than ready for a nap as I think we all were so after some great naps, L received her Big Sister gifts and we all enjoyed a nice dinner with Clay's parents. Little Love has had a couple incidents of acting out since we got home but I know she is just as exhausted as we all are. It has been a long week and emotionally draining for us all. I am just so thankful to be home with 2 healthy children to love on.
2 comments:
I am SOOO happy for you! Hamilton is precious! Things will get easier. I promise =)
Melody, I somehow found your blog shortly after Cooper, and remember reading with tears streaming down my face. My heart hurt so much for this girl, this family, I didnt even "know." Now, to see the picture of your family of four, the joy that is radiating from all of you, wow. You're right- God is good all the time. How special it must have been to bring Cooper's memory to the special day, dressing your second son in his outfit! I'm SO happy for you. Really, I dont think there are adequate words. Thank you, Lord, for all of the blessings you have poured out on the Burchett family, and the miracle of two healthy babies!!
Thank you for sharing your story. It goes to show that God is faithful to those with a heart for Him.
Post a Comment