Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness day. Four years ago, I had no idea there was a day to commemorate things such as this but oh how times have changed. To think back on how much my life has changed and been impacted through all the ups and downs pregnancy wise in the last 4 years just blows my mind. As I type this, I am holding my precious 2nd son. I am relishing in all that comes along with having a newborn and couldn't be more grateful for all the Lord has provided for me. I am thankful for Cooper's short life and the way his time here on Earth changed me in so many ways. I am thankful for the pregnancy struggles we have been through, as I feel I am a stronger person and better mom because of them. And more than anything else, I am brought to my knees over all the goodness and mercy I have been shown through these last 4 years. When I think of the spiritual and physical changes that I have been through I can only relate them to one thing. Thank you Lord for my 2 precious miracles here on Earth and the fact that I know without a doubt we will all be reunited with Cooper in Heaven one day.

Psalm 139:13-16. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.

No comments: