Friday, July 09, 2010

Time for meds ...

Well, today I headed to my scheduled appointment with Dr. W. We started with an ultrasound and the US tech told me everything looked great. I didn't get a measurement this time because she was super quick and never mentioned it. We also took a look at the baby and it was measuring about right on for dates and weighing approximately 1 lb. 10 oz. Then, I headed in to see Dr. W and she asked about the frequency of my contractions lately. I had noticed that for the past week they had been a little more frequent and just consistently at least 1-2 every hour. This was a change from 2 weeks ago so she asked if I wanted to go ahead and start a terbutaline pump. I told her I really wasn't ready for that yet, of course unless we have too. I have no problem doing what is best to keep this little babe in my belly. But, we agreed to try some by mouth Procardia once a day to see if that would help calm my uterus some. She went ahead and placed me on a monitor in the office for a non-stress test and Baby Burchett did fabulously. They were moving all over the place and had a great rhythm strip. I did have 2 small contractions while on the monitor so she just wants me to rest when I'm at home during the week and we are going to do an FFN test next week to make sure the contractions are just Braxton Hicks and not anything that could be a sign of true labor. She was unable to do it today because of the US I had before seeing her. It could have given us a false positive which would have just made me nervous so we both agreed to wait till next week.

So, I started my Procardia tonight and so far not sure if I notice a change in how I feel. I am at work though so I am busier than I would be if I was at the house resting. Hopefully I will be able to continue to work for atleast the next month or so but I am not going to push things. We really don't want this baby coming out until October!!

4 comments:

carole said...

I'm praying, honey! Been praying, and still praying. Every day I pray for this new little grandchild, and for its mommy to be safe and strong, and for its big sister, and for its daddy too! I love you.

Cassie & Joey said...

hey girl hope the Procardia helps you it worked wonders for me from 20 weeks all the way to 41 weeks. Wouldnt wish that on ya but definitely praying for October for ya :)

Paige said...

Praying that the procardia works for you. It seems to have worked wonderful for others! Praying for a healthy full term baby!

Anonymous said...

I hope your body cooperates, Melody! Rest up and take advantage of your Mom and Mother in-law for help!! Good luck! Do ya'll have names chosen yet? Also, I was wondering if you'd email me potty training tips? I'm starting to think ahead for Ellison, she's 18 months now and I want her potty trained by 2! My email is ktwilson1@charter.net. Thanks, Kriston