Today over at Kellys Korner, she is hosting "Show us your life" - favorite bible verses. Well, it is hard for me to pick just one so I will list a few of my favorites for you.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, and in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6
This is one of my all time favorites. It has been since I was a little kid and I remember singing it as a song when I was young. I know sing it to Lilliana every night when we are rocking and she is starting to pick up on it. I have to remind myself of this verse sometimes multiple times a day. I have nothing without Him and I must trust in His guidance. Sometimes easier said than done. :)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
This verse had gotten me through some very difficult times. I am such a control freak about so many things in life and I have to remind myself constantly that He is in control. I don't really want to be the one in control but sometimes it is also much easier said than done. I just have to give it all over to Him and realize that He is not going to give me more than I can handle!
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalms 139:13-16
This is by far my favorite "Mommy" verse. It just speaks volumes to me and has also been there for me to recite through some rough times. After the death of Cooper, I had a lot of anger and hostility toward God, but I continued to go back to this verse. It wasn't meant for him to live an Earthly life and how thankful I am for that now looking back. It would have been spent in and out of hospitals and with lot's of painful procedures. I know that God knew his days, before he was even conceived. He knew how much I could stand and promises time and time again that we will not be given more than we can handle. Then with my subsequent pregnancies, I realize what a gift these precious children are. They are not taken for granted and I count my blessing each new day.
No comments:
Post a Comment