Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another week down ...

Here we are almost into my 7th month of pregnancy and I just can't believe it. When I think about the time I have left I get so emotional because although it seems like forever for a worried Mommy to be counting each day, I can't help but think about the short amount of time I have left with just me and my little love. She has been struggling a bit lately with her new room and asking to sleep with Clay and I in our big bed. I know she loves her new room because she talks about it non-stop and tells everyone she sees about her new pink room. I think some of it is just a lot of new transitions at once. I am genuinely worried about how she is going to handle everything and just pray that she doesn't resent me. I love all the special little times that we have together and just hope we are able to continue some of those. I want to try really hard not to put blame on the new baby for the many changes that are coming.

I have watched so many moms of 2 or more children and heard many conversations that go something like this; "sorry but we have to go home because your sibling is crying" or "I'm sorry we can't do that, baby needs to ____". I know that there are going to be times that our routine is going to be interrupted and there will definitely be adjustments to be made. But, I don't want Lilliana resenting her sibling and feeling like they are the ones to blame for the many changes. I hope I don't have a false sense of what life will be like with 2 but I know it will be all worth it.

Today I had a hair appointment and MD appointment with Dr. W so Lilliana spent the afternoon with GiGi. She had a great time swimming and playing in her 'room' there but did not take a nap. I get so frustrated when she does this because if she is at home, there is no doubt she will get a nap. It just seems like when her schedule is overly interrupted these days, she really fights her sleep. Of course, we had plans tonight to go to a Redbirds Game but we just sent Daddy on to the game with Uncle Eric. I will say, it's nice to be sitting inside enjoying the air conditioning because I'm pretty sure they are burning up by this point!

Things went well at my appointment. "Baby Larry" is still measuring about 2 weeks ahead and weighing a whopping 2 lb 12 oz.!! I was really surprised that it had grown that much in the last couple weeks. Another surprise was that I gained another 2 1/2 lb. I have a feeling I am getting a little out of control!! Dr. W just laughs at me and says not to worry but I'm only about 12 pounds away from when I delivered Lilliana and I am not a fan of all this weight gain!! Not sure what I'm going to do considering I'm starting to grow out of my maternity clothes!! Dr. W did give me some hope when she decided we would discuss our birth plan. I really wanted to try and avoid another c-section this time if at all possible. Of course, I will do whatever needs to be done for a healthy baby but the reason I had a section with L was because she was breech. When I asked her in the very beginning she told me we would not discuss those options for a while so it really caught me by surprise when she brought it up today. She told me she is willing to let me try a VBAC as long as there aren't any complications and that I am progressing like a normal pregnant lady. We will just see, I am just glad we talked about it. I go back next week for my glucose test and I am not looking forward to that, but I am thankful that we are to this point in my pregnancy because I feel like it is a milestone.

Here's hoping and praying for at least 11 more weeks!!

No comments: