Sunday, January 02, 2011

Join Me In Praying God's Word




I saw this wonderful idea over at the Poe Family Blog. I have decided to follow suit and add this to my daily quiet time. I am changing up a few of the verses that Brittney has chosen but I am doing the concept the same.

Topics/Scripture:

My children: Little Love and Little Man

for peace (Exodus 23:20, Philippians 4:7)
to trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
to know Jesus Christ (3 John 4)
their future (Isaiah 58:11)
their faith (Hebrews 11)
their future spouses (Genesis 2:18)
their happiness (Proverbs 15:13, Gen 21:6)
their friends (Proverbs 18:24)
taking correction (Proverbs 29:17)
their minds (Colossians 3:2)
their ears (James 1:19)
their eyes (1 Corinthians 2:9)
their hearts (Psalm 119:11, Jeremiah 24:7)
their hands (1 Chronicles 29:12)
their feet (Joshua 14:9, 22:5)

My husband: Clay

his job (1 Timothy 5:8)
as a provider (Philippians 4:19)
his temptations (James 1:13-15)
his purpose (1 Corinthians 7:17)
his health (Psalm 91:14-16)
as a Daddy (Proverbs 17:6)
his friendships (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
his attitude (Psalm 100:4)
his relationship with God (Ephesians 4:1-2)
his self-image (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Me:

as a wife (Hebrews 10:24, Proverbs 21:9)
as a Mommy (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 31:28)
for rest (Matthew 11:28)
my friendships (Proverbs 17:17)
to take advice when I should (Proverbs 19:20)
as a housewife (Colossians 3:23)
patience (Romans 15:5)
serving others (1 Peter 4:10, 1 Samuel 12:24)
fear (Isaiah 41:13, Deuteronomy 31:6, 2 Timothy 1:7)

Our Family:

our plans (Proverbs 19:21, Jeremiah 29:11)
for Clay & I as parents: (Deuteronomy 6:5-9, Proverbs 22:6)
our marriage (Ephesians 5:21)
our fears (Psalm 27:1)
as witnesses (Acts 1:8)
to use our minds of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
to remember we are not our own (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
as citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
as His child (1 John 3:1)
as loved (John 16:27)
as a saint who sins (Romans 6:12)
His plans (Joshua 22:5)

I just started a new bible study with some friends that requires 5 days of study and prayer time. I plan to incorporate this during that time. I am going to choose 1 verse a week each month and prayerfully considering it's implications. I have chosen the following verses for January and so far I am really enjoying the way I am seeing the Lord work in just 5 short days so far. I would love for you to join me if you would like. Please leave a comment if you plan to follow along as I would love to see the way the Lord is working in your life also.


January 3-9: Our Family…our plans (Proverbs 19:21, Jeremiah 29:11)

January 10-16: My children: Little Love and Little Man... for peace (Exodus 23:20, Philippians 4:7)

January 17-23: My husband…his relationship with God (Ephesians 4:1-2)

January 24-30: Me…serving others (1 Peter 4:10, 1 Samuel 12:24)

2 comments:

Rebecca Harber said...

I love this idea. I'm going to use this also. Thanks for posting it. Your kiddos are getting so big.

Emily Todd said...

I love this idea! thanks for posting it! I am going to try it too :)