Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girl's Weekend

This past weekend, my nursing friends from college came in to town for a fun filled weekend. Melissa was the first one to get in to Memphis on Friday afternoon. We decided to run a few errands together and then headed back yo our house to wait for Michelle to get off work and Katie to get here. Once Michelle came over, we headed to Swanky's Taco Shop for a yummy dinner. It was so much fun to enjoy each other's company and catch up. We were super sad that Jenn wasn't able to make it this time. She had been sick and driving 6 hours to Memphis with a 6 month old while sick didn't sound very appealing and I don't blame her at all! Hope your feeling better Jenn, we missed you bunches!!

On Saturday morning, the girls came over to our house and Clay and I fixed us a big breakfast before heading out to the Collierville Mall. It was sunny and 70 degrees so we wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. And what better way than strolling around outside and doing some shopping. We stopped at Baby Gap in order for Katie and Michelle to look at some maternity clothes while Melissa and I perused the little boy section. We both got J and H the cutest onesie with a tie on it!!



After a little more shopping and a afternoon feeding for H, we headed to The Crepe Maker for lunch. I have eaten here before with my Mom but it's not ever anywhere Clay wants to stop. It was so yummy though. We all enjoyed some delicious lunch crepes and then rounded out the meal with a few dessert ones too. It was so good, we thought we were all going to pop once we were ready to leave.

We then headed to Ann Taylor Loft and Barnes and Noble before heading back to Memphis. We decided on the way home to stop and get pedicures at a local shop and I was a little worried that H was going to be spent at some point but he was s Super Trooper! He just went along with all our shenanigans all day long. He did great at the nail place and I got all kinds of compliments about what a sweet and good baby he was. I really enjoyed our day out with all the girls and I think H enjoyed his Mommy time too. :)









Once we got home, we met up with Clay and Brian, Michelle's husband and went to dinner at Central Barbecue. It was again yummy and we began debating why we decided to eat again for the third big meal that day. After dinner, we came back to our house again and once we got the kids together we played some super fun games and just chatted and enjoyed each other's company.

We got together once more this morning for another meal, breakfast at Blue Plate Cafe before everyone packed up and headed back out of town. I really love these girls and the relationships we have formed with each other. I love that we are all having or have children. I know we have so much to look forward to in the years ahead. I can't wait for the next beach trip where we will most likely be using every room in the Shelton abode!!



Love you girls!!

(sadly, the only pics I got were on my Iphone and mainly when we were getting our nails done! we were just having too much fun to get the cameras out :)

No comments: