Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011 Goals

With the start of a new year, it seems like a good time to just start over on some things that you may want to change in your life. I can definitely vouch for this feeling and there are many areas in my life that could benefit from a new perspective. I'm actually not a huge fan of resolutions because in the past, they have only stuck around on the top of my list until mid January. But, there are definitely goals that I would like to see take place and changes that are needed in my life this year.

The #1 goal I would like to accomplish and make a priority would be to put God first in my life and have some sort of daily quiet time. I have always done some sort of bible study whether it be with my church or friends outside of church but recently, I haven't done anything. I am actually sad to admit the last study I did and have really felt that I have fallen off the radar when it comes to my quiet times. They are pretty much non-existent at this point. This is what I want to change though and I am confident that it will make the largest impact on my life.

The 2nd goal, would be to spend more quality time with Clay and the kids. The key word here is "quality". I want to do more than just watch television at night with Clay and make educational activities with Little Love more of a priority. I want to spend the little time I have with just the 2 of us, (Little Love and I) while Little Man is asleep a special time. I also want to enjoy the few hours Clay and I have to ourselves after putting the kids to bed. I tend to just sit on the couch and look on the computer while he watches sports. This is such an easy rut to fall into and what happens on most evenings. I would love to turn the TV off on occasion and play games like we used to. We love to play cards, dominoes or a roaring game on the Game Cube. I know, we're super old school and don't have an x-box but maybe one day. :)

I would also like to try and cook more. I have actually done this pretty well since Little Man joined our family but I want it to continue. I did a ton of cooking before he came and froze a lot of meals and it was a huge help. I love to cook and my family enjoys my cooking so it works out 2 fold. My goal is to cook 4 nights a week and only eat out once. We typically do something easy like Pizza on Monday nights since I'm so tired from my weekend at work but otherwise, I enjoy being in the kitchen.

There are also a few things that I would like to try and get done this year such as, publishing my blog posts to a coffee table book, getting my house more organized and orderly (without taking time away from the kids), and attempting at least once monthly dates with Clay.

I know that all of these goals are attainable and I plan to really try and make them each a priority.

No comments: