
January 3-9: Our Family…our plans (Proverbs 19:21, Jeremiah 29:11)
During this first week of Praying God's word, I focused on 2 different verses that spoke to me about the plans the Lord has laid out for me and my family. I have really struggled lately with what we are supposed to be doing in our life and I was praying these verses would help make my heart feel more peaceful about our situation. I know that good things are going to happen in 2011 and I also know that if it's the Lord's will, Clay will either get into Law school or find a job soon. I really struggle when my life is out of order and it is about as crazy as ever right now.
Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
I really tried to take this verse to heart and realize that although I make many plans for myself, unless they are God's will for my life, they are not going to come to fruition.
I prayed multiple times this week that God would just show me a sign that things are going to start looking up and that we are going to be able to continue to make it the way we are living now. Sometimes I just wish He would speak to me through a burning bush or something like that like He used too. :)
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harn you, plans to give you hope and a future."
What an awesome verse that I really needed reminding of. This is one of my most favorite verses and I really am trying to think about it when things get rough.
So far I am loving getting more in the word and also with my new weekly biblestudy on Jonah. I love learning more about our great Creator and the plans He has for my life. I want to be more like Him and love Him like never before!!
No comments:
Post a Comment