Monday, January 24, 2011

Praying God's Word - Week # 3



January 17-23: My husband…his relationship with God (Ephesians 4:1-2)

This week during quiet time, I focused on Clay and his relationship with God. Growing up, I was raised in the church and my family was there everytime the doors were open. It was all I knew and was just something we did. I never questioned my involvement and think that it is one of my defining factors. Clay on the other hand, although raised in a Christian home, was not brought up in church. This is something that is extremely important to me and something that we talked about very early in our relationship.

Shortly after Clay and I started dating we began going to church together. This is one of the rules my mom had for our relationship and I am so glad she stuck to het guns and wouldn't let up on this one.

I think it is so important for our children to see us loving the Lord and being involved with church. I am so glad that we have such a special church to call home and a place that I feel so welcomed each time I walk through the doors.

I pray daily that Clay's walk will continue to be strengthened and I would love to start doing some bible studies together and even making daily prayer time, outside of praying before meals, a part of our time together.

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:1-2


Up next week is Me…serving others (1 Peter 4:10, 1 Samuel 12:24)

No comments: