Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Praying God's Word - Week # 4



January 24-30: Me…serving others (1 Peter 4:10, 1 Samuel 12:24)

This week was all about me and how I am to serve others. In 1 Peter God says that, "each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others , as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms." I know there are certain gifts that God has given me that I am not putting to use. I prayed this week that God would show those to me and make it known how to better serve Him with what has been given to me.

In 1 Samuel, it speaks of fearing the Lord and serving Him faithfully with my whole heart. I am ashamed to admit it but the fact that I should love God above all others and serve him before anything else has been thrown in my face lately and I have been super convicted. I know that I place certain things and or people above God and this is something I am determined to work on.

Next week, starts a new month. I will be praying over the following for the month of February....

1/31 - 2/6 my children ... to trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
2/7 - 2/13 my husband ... as a provider (Philippians 4:19)
2/14 - 2/20 me ... as a Mommy (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 31:28)
2/21 - 2/27 our family ...for Clay & I as parents (Deuteronomy 6:5-9, Proverbs 22:6)

No comments: