Sunday, August 16, 2009
Weekend Away
This past weekend I decided to pack up and leave for a short girl's weekend in Jackson. It was Melissa's baby shower for sweet baby James who is due to arrive in October and the perfect opportunity to catch up. Michelle and I headed out around 10:00 am on Saturday and met Jenn in Madison at the shower just in time around 2:00. Of course the shower was just perfect with some delicious coffee punch and cheesecake to munch on and Melissa received some fabulous gifts for baby James. After the shower we had planned to head back to Mel's parent's house in Jackson for a relaxing evening by the pool. The weather was perfect and after a couple hours we ordered food to go from Newk's and say back out on the patio until way past most of our bedtimes! It was such a great time and although I missed Lilliana like crazy, I feel like a new woman and had a great time with my friend's. This is the first time I have left Lilliana, and although it was only for about 26 hours, I think I did pretty well. The girls were impressed with me and I knew she was in great hands the whole time. Clay had to work all weekend so Nana came over on Saturday morning to help and took Lilliana to Wilson's 3rd birthday party for me and then GiGi and Poppy came over on Sunday to help out. I really felt more comfortable with her being at her own house and around her toys and bed and the things she is most comfortable with. I am hoping this will possibly help me transition into a nice weekend away with Clay in the near future but we will just see. I am just going to take baby steps for now and 26 hours was way more than enough to last me for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So proud of you! I've had to leave Ellison already due to so many obligations that were "adult" only but I miss her like crazy every time. But, it does get easier. I think it's the "anticpation" of it that's worse than actually doing it. I get so worked up thinking and planning it. Congrats on being a new woman!
Post a Comment