PDO starts at 8:45 and we arrived around 8:30 because I wasn't sure how much time it would take in early morning traffic to get there. There were other mom's there waiting outside in the foyer for the doors to open into the nursery where PDO is held. We waited with them for Mrs. Leigh to open the doors and I began to think Lilliana was a little nervous. She no longer wanted to hold her backpack but just asked to sit with me. Of course I didn't mind and we just sat and cuddled until time to walk in. When the doors were officially opened we picked up all of our belongings and headed to her room to meet Mrs. Sha. I was so pleased when Lilliana just walked in and helped me put all her stuff in her little cubby. They will be storing her nap mat at school which will help a ton with the amount of stuff we have to carry each day. I had planned to stay a little while if she was upset but she did GREAT! She never cried and when I left her she was rocking in a little kid sized rocking chair by herself. It really made leaving so much easier.
I did call to check on her around 11:15 and was told she was doing great. I was able to be very productive during the day including a trip to Collierville to take care of some things, shopping a little at Carriage Crossing, groceries at both Costco and Kroger, lunch at home with Clay and then another quick trip to the mall. It's amazing how much more productive I can be when not having to load and unload a little one each time I arrive somewhere.
I missed Lilliana so much while she was at school, and although it was only 6 hours it was the longest 6 hours of my life!! I got there a little bit early to pick her up and saw her sitting with her other little friends reading with Mrs. Margaret. As soon as she saw me she came running and screaming Mama!! I met Mrs. Shundra at the door and asked how her day had been and she said, "she is my favorite!" They talked about how sweet she was and she told me she had eaten well and took a nap for just over an hour, ON HER NAP MAT!! I had to ask her twice and then I asked is she was lying to me! She just laughed at me and said she was great. Then I saw Mrs. Sha walking back into the room and the first word's she said were, "You sure can't judge her by her size!" I hope this doesn't mean she was a problem because she said she wasn't. My mom was told the same thing about me when I started preschool for the first time. She is quite loud for her little self and will tell you what she's thinking in a heart beat. I was told that she pushed a little boy, but that after they talked to her she was good. That was not exactly what I wanted to hear but I guess it could be worse. They did tell me though that afterwards she was loving on him all day, Clay was not a fan!! Although we do time-out at home they don't do it at her age in school so we will just have to see how that works for her. Hopefully next time we will get a clean report about a precious little girl.
2 comments:
I'm so glad that she had a great first day and that Mommy had some time to herself too!
i knew she would do well! will is there now (at Mullins Methodist) for his first day!
Post a Comment