Two weeks from today my little love will start "school", Parent's Day Out, for the first time. I can't believe it already time for this. I feel like this Summer has just flown by and although I am somewhat looking forward to her having some quality interaction with kids her age, I am still really nervous about leaving her with people I don't know. I am so worried about her getting sick and bringing home all sorts or germs. I know that she needs to be exposed to some of this but I just am such a worry wort when it comes to the possibility of her getting sick. I mean just last weekend I took care of a precious little 2 year old that was admitted to the PICU originally for pneumonia and now she is on ECMO. Sometimes I just think ignorance is bliss and unfortunately I see the worst of the worst where I am at.
Overall, I am feeling good about things though and just trusting that God is going to give me the strength to drop her off on the 17th. I know she will eventually love it and I just hope she is going to be a sweet little girl and be loved by all her teachers. I did get her nap mat in earlier today and I am just tickled pink about it. I think she is going to have the cutest nap mat in the whole school! I am just so impressed with what an amazing job Traci did over at Little Brown Crane. I absolutely LOVE ETSY!! I have quite a few more things on my list of things to purchase from there but am trying to be good and not spend so much within a month's time :)
We have open house for her "school" on Thursday night the 13th and I fell like I still have a ton of questions for them. Like, what happens if she doesn't sleep on her super cool nap mat? What is their agenda for the day? Can I pick her up early, like after lunch and before nap if I am just dying at home by myself? What about a change of clothes for naptime? (I typically change Lilliana into PJ's for naptime at our house so she is comfy and I am not so sure a smocked dress with be that comfortable to sleep in!!) and so forth. Maybe these are things I should have taken care of before signing her up but at that point my main concern was getting her in somewhere accredited and making sure it was clean and the teacher / student ratio was low. I know this school meets all those requirements I just kinda didn't think about the mundane Mommy things I deal with everyday. I also know that it is only 1 day a week so if she doesn't nap, maybe she will come home at 2:45 and do so? Who knows! Anyways, just please pray for both of us in the next 2 weeks. I know it is going to be so hard to leave her but I also know it will be great for both of us. I can't even leave the room at this point without her yelling for me to see where I'm at! I know she will have a great time and hopefully look forward to going to "school" in the month's to come :)
2 comments:
oh, we are starting school too! at mullins methodist on walnut grove. he will go one day per week on tuesdays, starting the 18th! it will be OK!
Oh, girl! You remind me, of me, so much! I love the part of napping in her "smocked" dress. Ha, ha! We are going to do a Mother's Day out sometime soon too b/c Ellison is the same way, she is such a Mommy's girl and now screams when I just start walking away from her. She's okay with others, but not as great as I'd like her to be. She stayed with Aunt Whitney last Saturday (and will be tomorrow-Sunday too) and decided she was so tired (no nap, which is not like her) that she didn't eat her peas or cereal. She might lose 2 pounds after this weekend. LOL. She loves her Aunt Whitney though and they have so much planned for their weekend. Good luck with school!
Post a Comment