So today Lilliana and I headed over to Cotton Tails to get a couple things she still needs for school. Ya know, like a new headband, a yellow hair bow to match a new dress and a new pair of keds. All the necessities of course! We also had to try on some new shoes since all she has now that fits are her sandals and although it's still about 95 degrees here in Memphis, I know it will be Fall like weather before we know it and she will be wearing sandals everywhere if I don't get on the ball. I had them measure her foot since I had not done that in a while and I was faberglasted when she measured a size 4!! Can you believe it? Maybe she has grown more than I thought this summer.
After trying on multiple pairs of shoes for almost an hour all I ended up with were the Keds and an amazing pair of rainboots! Again, I said I only went for the essentials :) They are so stinkin cute and I just had to have them. Lilliana was so funny when we first put them on and was holding on to the furniture in the store to help her walk. I think she was a little unsure because they are so heavy. After a few minutes though she was a champ and didn't want to take them off. Of course I couldn't tell her no after that! Now all we need is some rain around here and we can go splashing in puddles in style!
I am still in search of a cute backpack for Missy Prissy to carry to PDO. She has one of the Stephen Joseph bags that are quilted and it snaps but I am not sure it's going to be big enough for all the things she is going to need to take with her to "school". If anyone has any suggestions of where to find one I would greatly appreciate it. Ya know, since I didn't REALLY end up purchasing any essentials besides the Keds when we went school shopping!!
No comments:
Post a Comment