This past Friday, Clay and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Jim's Place East and rented a movie afterwards to top the night off. It's amazing how things change when you have a baby. We were actually both exhausted and way too full upon arriving home so neither one of us made it through the movie and we were both asleep before 10:00 pm. Sad I know. We did have a fabulous time and knew our little love was in great hands with her Nana back at the house. We both enjoyed a salad, steak (mine with crab and bernaise sauce on top!), mashed potatoes for me and a baked potato for Clay along with an amazing rendition of Key Lime Pie. I LOVE Key Lime Pie, it's one of those dishes that I have grown more fond of with age. It is now one of my favorites by far.
We had such a great time reminiscing the past year and all the struggles we have been through in our short 5 years. We talked about the fun things we want to do on our beach trip to Watercolor coming up in October and some new adventures for next year. We are thinking about doing something completely different for vacation next summer!
Clay got me some beautiful roses that are on display on my kitchen table and an amazing gift certificate to Natural Body for whatever type of treatment I choose. I on the other hand didn't do as well as he did, Clay got new running shoes. In my defense, he told me not to get him anything since we had just purchased him 3 new pairs of pants from Banana Republic in the last couple weeks so at least I still did something.
I am so thankful for Clay and all he does for our family. He is a wonderful Father and Husband and I look forward to many more years with him.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more years of smiles and love together. I think running shoes are a great gift....Kriston
Post a Comment