Thursday, August 13, 2009

20 month's young!

My Dearest Lilliana,

Today, you turned 20 month's old. We have had quite the busy month and you have been able to venture out to many new places recently. Just yesterday, we went to the newest children's exhibit here in Memphis called My Big Backyard. It was so fabulous and you seemed to have a great time. The best news is it's just around the corner from where we live so hopefully there will be many more trips in your future.

Tonight was another milestone for you as we packed up after enjoying dinner and headed to 2nd Presbyterian Church where you will start their PDO program on Monday. Mommy is very nervous about this but some of my fears were relieved tonight after receiving the packet they handed out and asking your teacher about a million questions. Hopefully she doesn't think your Mama is crazy! If so hopefully the cookies I am going to send you with on Monday will help!! You were such a sweet heart tonight and everyone commented on how sweet and personable you were.

You really are quite the social butterfly and never meet a stranger. You love to talk to babies and to pretty much anyone who will listen. You love to yell use your 'inside voice' when calling my name 50 billion times a day, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I know there are some Mama's out there that won't ever hear their children calling their names and your Dada and I would give everything to have 2 little munchkins yelling at us in the back of the car. We are so grateful for you and try to cherish every minute we are given with you.

You are starting to do better and better each time I drop you off at the gym nursery. You love Miss Brenna and will typically go to her now without a fight. When you do cry though it typically is just for Mama, you seem to calm right down as soon as I am out of the picture. That is what gives me hope about you starting PDO. I know you will love it and you are going to make so many great friends. Of course your Mama is really going to enjoy her uninterrupted sleep on Monday mornings too!

You are communicating so much better these days and are typically able to get your point across about what it is you want. In the morning you usually enjoy either o-mill (oatmeal) or shoja (cereal) with a fruit and your miiiiiilk. We are still working on our manners and you are good about saying no mam and no sir but I don't think you can pronounce your Y's yet because anytime I ask you to say yes-mam and you just shake your head yes and say mam. You have definitely perfected thank-you and please and impress people when we are out. You are doing better with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but for the most part you still want cheeeeese with every meal. What can I say, you do get some traits form your Mama. :) You eat what Mama fixes for dinner unless it's something spicy and you LOVE your milk. I am so glad you get that from your Dada, along with about everything else about you, because Mama doesn't drink milk and it is so good for you.

Your hair has really started to grow and you wore your first set of real pig-tails last Saturday to Dakota's 2nd birthday party. You are still petite, but if I had to guess I would say you are topping out at about 20 pounds now. Luckily you don't have another scheduled doctor's appointment until December when you turn 2. We have still yet to get your MMR vaccine and you are lacking one other you should have gotten at 18 month's but the office didn't have any power when we went for your check-up and so they didn't have any vaccines to give out! No big deal though, we will just get caught up in December. You are still facing backwards in your carseat and since you don't really know any difference you don't seem to mind. I will most likely turn you around when you turn 2 as long as you really are 20 pounds.

Mama is already working on birthday festivities and I am starting to lean towards a Minnie themed party. I have some really great ideas and we have already booked Mrs. Liz to come and take your pictures. We had family pictures made back in June and you are much more difficult to photograph these days. You will still say "cheeese" for the camera but you don't really like to look at me when taking your picture anymore.

I have been trying to decide whether you are ready or not to potty train just yet. You tell me when you need to go poop and you try to take your diaper off afterwards. I have walked in twice in the last 2 weeks to a naked baby in the morning!! Luckily there wasn't any poop in your diaper on those occasions and no tee-tee in the bed either. I bought you a little potty a couple weeks ago and you love to sit on it and 'try' to go potty but haven't been successful yet. I am going to have to order you some panties from Potty Patty because those are the only one's I have found that seem like they will fit you. To be honest the only thing holding me up is my fear of public restrooms and I know I will have to take you in there when it's time. If I just had one of these to drive to could keep a potable potty in the back to use!! Maybe if I win the lottery! :)

You are such a joy to be around and I still miss you when you nap too long and in the morning's when it's time to get up. I love you so much and you make me the happiest Mama in the world!

No comments: