Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

This year we decided to spend Christmas Eve with the Burchett's so that we could enjoy Christmas day with my family and not be completely exhausted hauling Lilliana around to multiple homes in 1 day. We woke up on Christmas Eve and after getting all of us ready went by Clay's office for his work Christmas party and then headed out to Collierville for some family time. We decided to do appetizer type food instead of a large meal and I was so glad we did. We enjoyed sausage balls, meatballs, ham, rotel, a cheeseball, and lot's of other yummy goodies.

After enjoying our dinner we opened gifts from each other and boy did we get a lot of stuff! Clay and I had decided that we were not going to do as large of a Christmas as we typically do secondary to the economy and still trying to get caught up from his lay-off back in August. We purchased pictures from our family photo session back in November for our parents and grandparents and they were such a hit. Lilliana received a new red wagon and some clothes and Clay and I got the game 'Clue', a new sewing bag for me, a new saw for Clay, clothes for both, gifts cards and more.

As soon as Lilliana opened her red wagon we took her for a spin around the house. She absolutely LOVES it! We rounded out the evening with a few engaging games of Clue, none of which I won. We left to come back home after packing the car to the brim around 7:30 and Lilliana quickly fell asleep before we even reached the interstate. I had reminded her that Santa was going to come and visit her that evening and that he wouldn't stop if she was awake so she went to sleep without a fuss :)


"Is this really for me?"


standing at my new red wagon!


(pardon her attire, she had on a precious navy corduroy smocked dress that
she quickly came out of before dinner and refused to put it back on!)


ready to go for a ride!


Helping Grandmother open gifts :)

1 comment:

Mom of 24 weeker said...

Melody,

I am so glad you found my pregnancy blog! I have been following Lilliana's blog and can't believe she's a year old already! Time flies. She is a beautiful little girl.

Christmas blessings to you and your family and best wishes for continued blessings in 2009!

Melissa
http://pregnancyafterpreemie.blogspot.com