This time last year, at this time, I turned off my terbutaline pump for the last time before my little princess arrived. I had just completed my last session with Matria Healthcare and was on the phone learning how to turn the pump off and remove that plastic needle from my thigh. On my last session, I had the norm of approximately 3 contractions and some uterine irritability and I was so ready to not have to worry about completing any other sessions and having the worry and stress that came along with them.
Around, 11:30 I left for the mall with a friend in search of a bridesmaid dress that she needed to pick up from Ann Taylor and this was the first time I had graced the doors of a mall in many months. On the drive into Cordova, I noticed that my contractions were already starting to increase in number and I started to wonder if I should have just stayed on the couch. After picking out the dress we headed over to Abuelo's, a wonderful mexican restaurant here in Memphis, (and the reason Angie still thinks I went into labor) After lunch we headed back to my house and Clay was still out of town for work but was supposed to be back later that day. I decided to lay on the couch and drink some water to see if the contractions would subside but when they didn't, I decided that I should probably time them and give Clay a call. He wasn't far outside of Memphis and after telling him that I was having more consistent contractions he decided to head on back towards the house.
At this time my contractions were stronger but still not as consistent as they needed to be so I decided to get some last minute things done around the house and make sure our bags were packed to my liking. I headed to bed around 10ish and although my contractions were still pretty consistent I was able to sleep through them so I thought maybe I could hold on a little longer. It wasn't much longer though ....
No comments:
Post a Comment