Monday, December 15, 2008

1 year check-up

Today we visited Dr. K for Lilliana's 1 year check-up. Everything checked out great and we are still between the 10th - 25th percentile for weight and height. He is not concerned at all with her STATS and feels like she is just going to be a petite little girl. I mean, Clay and I are definitely not very big people so she doesn't really have much of a chance! Her ears were clear and I am glad to say that she has been free of all sniffles and so forth since October when I pulled her out of nursery, stopped going to playgroup and tried to keep her in as much as possible and away from as many germs as I possibly can. I just don't want to take a risk of her getting RSV or the flu from others so I am trying everything in my power to prevent it.

I spoke with Dr. K about my concerns with weaning Lilliana and he actually encouraged me to continue doing what we are doing and to do so atleast through the winter season. He felt that any extra bit of immunity can only help things. I did purchase her some organic whole milk on the way home after our appointment for Clay to attempt to give her on the nights that I have to work so we will just see how that goes. I asked him about the difference between whole milk and nursing for her brain development and he informed me that she is getting plenty of fat from nursing and that whole milk is not absolutely necessary after 12 month's. Only if she was getting formula would she need the extra fat. He did encourage me to continue taking my vitamins, which I have not been very good about doing, but plan to get to Target later this week to get a new bottle of them so I can make sure I am taking them daily.

Today she received 2 shots, her last Hepatitis, which I almost declined but decided not to since she has already received her others and her pertussis vaccine. I am thinking about holding off on the MMR that she is supposed to receive at her 15 month visit. I am just going to do some more research and talk with him about it when we go back. If we hold off, I will just delay it a few months. I just feel Lilliana is so small for a 12 month old and I would rather wait until she is a little bigger if possible. I am definitely a mom who vaccinates, I mean I am a pediatric ICU nurse however. I have some of the greatest resources available at work for asking questions too! (I just may DELAY the MMR a couple month's that's all) :)

Well without further ado, her is Missy Prissy's STATS

Weight : 17 lb. 5 oz.
Height : 26 3'4 inches

Teeny I know :) Oh yeah, and she took her first unassisted step today! Yay, I am so excited, she has been cruising since about October so I really thought she would be running around the house by now but I guess we will just see when she get daring enough to do so on her own.

No comments: