Last night, Clay was on his own with Lilliana, which is typical for a Friday night since I work weekends. The only difference was, Lilliana got sick. I was still driving into work when he called to ask me where the laundry detergent was because he needed to wash the couch cushions? I proceeded to ask him why he was washing them, since just 10 minutes before there wasn't a reason to go through so much trouble. He told me that as he and Lilliana were reading she all of a sudden got sick. Multiple times but then said she felt better. I asked him if she had a fever and we both were hoping her dinner had not settled well with her. Unfortunately, that was not the case as she continued to get sick through the night while I just helplessly would check on them while "helping the sick babies" as Lilliana says.
I hated not being at home to help my OWN sick baby, but I was so glad that she was with her Dadda. Today when I got home, she told me all about it and let me know that her Dadda took good care of her. She said her rocked her and got her juicey when her belly was hurting. I am so thankful to have a hands-on life partner and to know that I can really rely on him. Not that I questioned his motives before, but typically when I leave for work Lilliana has already eaten, received her bath and is essentially ready for bed minus a few snuggles and brushing of the teeth.
Unfortunately that meant our plans to attend one of my best friends from college's baby shower today was nixed but, I know they all understood. Clay had some things to take care of for school and I had intended to take Lilliana with me as 2 other girls were bringing their daughters. I was really looking forward to spending time with old friends and allowing our daughters to play. But, I sure didn't want to spread our germs, especially since L was febrile when I got home this morning and I know how annoying that can be when people expose their not well children to others. A huge pet peeve of mine.
We are just hoping and praying that it will stay confined to her and maybe Clay and I can avoid the dreaded bug, but I also know, sometimes it can take days for symptoms to show in others so only time will tell.
1 comment:
I am so sorry Lilliana got sick on Friday night. I hope she didn't catch anything from our play group. It sounds like Clay did a great job taking care of her.
Post a Comment