Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Dedication

On Sunday, our best friends dedicated the 2 children that God has blessed them with. Dorothy is 6 month's and Wilson is 3 but when he was born they were at another church and Amanda was finishing her residency so they never had him dedicated. I am glad that our church does baby dedication at any age. I know that as a Christian family, we decide to raise our children in the Lord even before they are conceived but a dedication is just more of a way for the church to get behind you.








I remember a time, not that long ago, when Baby Dedication Sunday was a hard day for me. Each time it rolls around, I am reminded how blessed I am and how much I love my little love. I can't imagine a single minute without her and will never forget what a gift she is to me.

Yes, we have our bad days around here, there are times when she drives me crazy, and times, like yesterday when I put her down for a nap at 5:30 pm even after she'd had her nap at school. Obviously it wasn't long enough! :) But, overall she is the light of my life and the joy in my heart. I love her more than I could ever put into words and I cherish our quiet times we have together. They are fewer and further between these days and I know there will be a time when I'm not cool anymore. For now though, I just want to hold her while she's still little and still wants me too. :)

No comments: