Tuesday, February 23, 2010

8 month's and counting

Are you kidding me? Lilliana has a spot on her arm that was an old mosquito bite from LAST SUMMER, that is officially infected. I am sure you have seen it in most of my posts because it has been there so long. I have tried to keep band aids and cream on it but they are no longer working. Although I have kept a close eye on it for the last 8 months, it doesn't matter because she is such a picker, just like her Dadda, and it now has become infected, and fairly bad at that. I noticed it looking much worse when I got off work Monday morning and then today it wasn't any better. I decided I better go ahead and make her an appointment with Dr. K. and I am so glad I did. He seemed pretty concerned about it and gave me and oral antibiotic, topical antibiotic and steroid cream. Let's just pray this will clear it up.

On another note, she was really cute at the office today. When they called her name she said, "that's me, E-anna" and we headed back to get weighed. She weighed in at 22 lb. 3 oz (with her clothes and shoes on). Then while waiting in the exam room we sang a few renditions of "5 Little Monkey's Swinging from the Tree", "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands", and much more. When Dr. K came in, Liilliana said hey there Dr. K. I was surprised she remembered his name from when I told her after we arrived. Then she sat on the table and told him she picked with her boo boo and showed him her arm. He told her she looked like a princess with her big pink hairbow in her hair and he asked her who her favorite princess was. She answered him in her most Southern slang and said "Snow White". Then when he went out to get some meds for her he came back with a letter from "Snow White" that had her name on it and said that she had missed seeing Lilliana. The look on her face was priceless!! She was so excited and gave me just a hint of what joy a trip to Disney would bring for her. Hopefully soon :)

2 comments:

Bri said...

awww, i hope the booboo bug bite clears up soon. Hugs to the little one. She's just so adorable :)

Carie said...

She's too adorable! Hope her boo-boo clears up soon. Just over 22 lbs...she's just as tiny as her beautiful momma! I think Sutton was pushing 22 lbs long before his first b'day. Love my little chunky-monkey :)