Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Puppet Master

So lately Lilliana has started to give me a little bit more attitude. I have noticed a slight temper coming out in her and when she doesn't get her way or I ask her to stop playing with something, there are times when she will just throw whatever is in her little hand and lay on the ground. I still have no idea where she gets her stubbornness from, but I will say it reminds me of someone else I know all too well. :)

There have been times lately when we have just stayed at the house because if she is giving me that much trouble at home the last thing I want to do is get out in public with her. Time outs don't work so well with lots of other kids playing and having fun while at story time. We found that our first hand! Overall she is really a great kid but she can push my buttons at times.

Since I have been working night weekends that puts Clay on baby duty while I'm there. Well of course she is such a little angel for him. She doesn't give him any trouble going to bed, like she has me the 3 nights prior to working. We are talking all out screaming, fighting fits. Not wanting to rock but not wanting to get in her bed either. It's been very trying. Well last night, Clay called me up at work to let me know that I am the problem. He said that she went to bed like a champ and that she didn't give him any trouble whatsoever. He also states that he has not had to put her in time-out all weekend and that she has been quite the little angel. He told me that he can tell a difference in her attitude the minute I walk into the room and when I awoke from my nap today he said, "here comes the puppet master" speaking of a probably sudden change in Lilliana. I asked him what he was talking about and he tried to explain himself. I guess I really am a push over and I am going to have to stand my ground. We'll see how that one goes!!

2 comments:

Hunter and Hailey's mom said...

don't feel bad...My son is the same way with me. He is an angel for anyone else and acts perfectly in public however if he doesn't like the sippy cup I give him for his Cho cho milf he throws it and lays out on the kitchen floor. they just like to see how far we let them go I think. Hang in there!!!!

Jesse said...

That is exactly what happens with Ryleigh! She will be good for everyone else and give me the attitidude. My mom has even made comments after she has spent the day with Ryleigh, about how she has been so good, etc, and the minute I walk in the door, she can see a change in Ryleigh.

I thought that meant it was something I was doing wrong with her, and sure, there are things I need to work on (patience!) BUT, I also think that it shows human nature at its very basic level. Often times the people we spend the most time with and love the most, see the worst sides of us. We dont play an act for them- they get all of us, all the time.

Good luck with the bedtime routine. It will get better!