Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day Trip

On Tuesday, Clay, Lilliana and I headed out to Philadelphia, MS with a friend from work and her family to spend a day at Geyser Falls Waterpark. Clay and I had discussed before we left that we didn't think we had been to a waterpark like this since the old Adventure River days here in Memphis! It is about 3 1/2 hours away but was oh so worth it. We had a fantabulous time and will definitely make this a yearly tradition. We got up and packed around 6:30 am and then I had to wake Lilliana up just after 7:00 so that we could hit the road. After a quick stop in Clay's old stomping grounds of Hernando at Coleman's Bar-B-Que for some yummy breakfast and then a quick refuel of gas we were back on the road and headed towards Philadelphia.

After thinking we had arrived around 10:30, only to realize that our navigation had dropped us off in the middle of no where, we shortly realized that the navigation was off about 8 miles and we were indeed very close. Thank goodness, because at this point Lilliana and I were both over being in the car and I was starting to get frustrated with my navigation lack of navigation skills!

The forecast for the day had shown a 40% chance of scattered rain showers but since this was our second attempt at going we had decided to press on. It started to get a little cloudy right when we arrived but since we had driven so long we figured we would make the most of it however long we had. We quickly paid and rented lockers so we could store all of our belongings and then changed clothes and applied sunscreen before hitting all the wonderful attractions. Sonya and I first headed to the kids play area called "Lil' Squirt's Hollow" with Lilliana and Joshua. (Joshua is 3 and was so enamored with Lilliana, it was precious) Afterwards, we took the kiddos to the lazy river and then headed back to the Lil' Squirt's area before the men arrived. We then headed for a quick lunch and then took our turn going down some of the fun slides while the men were on baby duty.

Lilliana did such a great job, especially since she went with NO nap for the first time ever. I tried to get her to lay down with me at one point when she appeared somewhat sleepy but I guess she got another burst of energy because she was raring to go in no time. We actually stayed until closing time which was 6:00 pm and then headed to find somewhere for dinner. My precious little love was asleep just outside of the park but woke up just in time to enjoy some dinner and then went right back to sleep when we were back in the car. She slept the whole was home and then didn't wake-up until 8:45 am on Wednesday morning. I guess she was pretty worn out from such a great day!!


Mommy and my little love ready to play on the slides!


first time down the slides!


no fear, she loved it!!


let's do it again Mama


such a great day :)


playing at the beach with Mama


floating in the beach


those swimming lessons sure did pay off! Such a cutie!!


now with Dada


Justin and Clay coming down the slide

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melody! I love the pictures, they turned out really good! -Sonya