Friday, July 03, 2009

One sick puppy :(

This morning when Lilliana woke-up she seemed to be feeling fine but after an afternoon filled with a very trying trip to Davis Kidd for storytime and a Mama that was more than ready for naptime, I decided that maybe Lilliana wasn't feeling well. I was really hoping that this wasn't going to become her new normal because she was just constantly fussy, pushing my buttons WAY more than normal, and just overall a little stink! She went down early for her nap and slept for only 1 1/2 which, is also not normal for her. She'd had a runny nose earlier in the week but it was just clear and after talking with my friend who's a pediatrician, we agreed she just probably had allergies.

It wasn't until about 30 minutes after naptime when I decided that I was going to break out my handy dandy "ears" AKA stethascope. To be honest, this is the first time in Lilliana's 18 month's of life that I have listened to her breath sounds. I was glad I did though because I thought I heard a small amount of wheezing and thought she sounded somewhat diminished in her lungs. After a call to the Pediatrician's office we headed out for our 3:10 appointment with Dr. W.

After waiting almost an hour, we finally got in a room and after a thorough check by Dr. W it was determined that Lilliana had bilateral ear infections, and he agreed with my previous assessment. We left with some Augmentin and agreed that it would be best to not take her to see the Collierville Fireworks as previously planned. Clay and I were somewhat bummed but knew it would be best not to subject her to that loud of noise and keep her up as late as we would have to in order to do that.

We did head to dinner though and Lilliana experienced her first Hibachi meal. She loved it and clapped everytime our cook did something special and loved all the neat tricks. I was only able to get pics on my phone because for once I forgot my camera. One funny tidbit was that since the Hibachi table was so much higher up than a regular table we had to sit her on a couple phonebooks placed below her booty in the highchair so she could see over the table and reach her food :) She was great throughout the entire dinner and after her first round of antibiotics went to bed without a hitch. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.


Dada and Lilliana


Mama and Lilliana


can you see the phonebooks she needed to help her see over the table! :)


enjoying a smoothie after dinner

No comments: