Friday, June 26, 2009

Trying to stay cool!!

Here are just a couple of the things Lilliana and I have been doing to attempt and stay cool. It is a cool, 96 degrees today in Memphis, which sadly IS cool since it's been atleast 100 every other day this week. But, Lilliana is such an outside girl and just loves spending time playing with all her fun toys out there so I had to find a way for us to do so without having a heat stroke. Since Lilliana took swimming lessons, she has enjoyed the water more and more and I am so happy about that! She loves to show Mama how she can blow bubbles under water, lie on her back and float and kick her legs. She is such a little fish!!


playing on the splash pad


trying out her new Minnie chair, she just HAD to have when we were at Kohl's the other day!


now she's IN the bucket, and LOVING IT!!

The following pictures are from yesterday when I THOUGHT we would just get a little damp playing with her bucket, blowing bubbles and using her new sidewalk chalk. Boy was I WRONG!! Oh well, atleast we stayed cool and Lilly had a great time. :)


started out innocently just splashing in the bucket :)


investigating the bucket of water a little more


now she's SOAKED!! :)


time to get the sprinkler out and let her just go all at it!


playing with her chalk, wet booty and all :)

Oh yeah, the shirt she is wearing, we got when she was born form the hospital. It STILL fits!! My Labor and Delivery nurse Whitney gave it to us and we have worn it on multiple occasions :) Of course, it's just play clothes but I love that 18 month's later it still fits my little stink!

2 comments:

Whitney T. Daniel said...

That is too funny that she can still fit in that shirt. She is so cute! I just love looking at all your sweet pictures of her!

Ben and Kristen said...

OK, creepy! Whitney was our L and D nurse also!