Monday, June 01, 2009

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Boals

You pronounce Boals, like "bowls" by the way. Anyhoo, Saturday Michelle and Brian got married and all of my girls from nursing school were reunited again. I have blogged about these girls many times and just love them to death. Michelle was the last of the 5 to get married and had such a beautiful wedding and amazingly fun reception to top off the night.

The weekend started on Friday night when Katie and Stik, along with Melissa and Jim arrived into town. Katie and Stik stayed at our place while Mel and Jim stayed just down the way at another friend's house. Clay and I stayed up late visiting with The Dixon's and then woke up early to enjoy breakfast with the entire crew. Even the lovely bride joined in on some yumminess from Blue Plate. Then after a quick trip to Pottery Barn Outlet, Melissa and I had mani / pedis and enjoyed some great company. I think it was the first time I have had a mani / pedi in at least 2 years. To be honest, I think the last time I had one was when Clay and I were in the Bahama's just before I delivered Cooper! That would have been August of 2006!!

After our spa time, we went back home and I laid down with Lilly while CLay got some things done around the house and Katie and Stik ventured out to lunch with some friends from college. Mom came by just after 4:00 to help with Lilliana so that we could all get ready and get out the door a little before 6. We met Ben, Jennifer's husband at the church, (since Jenn was in the wedding we didn't want him to sit by himself) and all sat together. I think we all got a little emotional when Michelle walked through those door at the back of the church. This is something she has wanted for so long and deserves a man to treat her right. I am so glad that God placed Brian in her life and know they are going to be so happy together.

Following the wedding we headed to The Raquet Club for an evening of dancing, courtesy of Aquanet. It was so much fun and I know all of us girls enjoyed our hubbies getting to know each other a bit better :) After sending off the newly married couple, we went home and headed to bed shortly after.

On Sunday we got up and enjoyed breakfast before sending Katie and Stik on their way to Birmingham and met Melissa and Jim at The Germantown Comissary for a yummy bar-b-que lunch. I think Mel and Jim ate bar-b-que for almost every meal this weekend, and Jim said that The Comissary was his favorite! Good choice Clay :)

Overall, it was a wonderful weekend of catching up and enjoying each other's company. I am so happy for Michelle and Brian and look forward to many date nights together. COngratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Boals, we wish you a lifetime of happiness.

No comments: