I just can't believe you are already 1 1/2 years old! You are such a sweet little thing and I just love every minute we spend together. Today you started the day off running some errands with your Dadda while Momma caught up on some sleep since I had to work last night. Then, I got up so we could eat lunch together and we played some before your bath and nap time. We had family pictures scheduled at 4:00 with Liz and then we enjoyed dinner at The Germantown Commissary. We celebrated after dinner with a cookie cake from The American Cookie Company and I think you would have eaten the whole thing had I given you the opportunity! You have such a sweet tooth just like your Momma, but you are also such a good eater so I am ok with that. :)
I feel like you have really started to grow this past month. We will see tomorrow as it is your 18 month check-up with Dr. K. You are unable to walk around in the kitchen and just run under the table anymore without bumping your head. That tells me you have to have grown some! I was also able to buy you some new play shoes the other day from Children's Place and they are a size 3! That is quite an improvement so we will see what the scales tell us in the morning.
Like I said, you are such a great eater. Your favorite thing to eat is CHEEEEEESE. Everytime I ask you what you want to eat that is how you answer me. You love grilled cheese sandwiches, pimento cheese, and your newest favorite is rotel chicken AKA "cheesy noodles and chicken". You also love, white cheddar cheetos, and any kind of spaghetti or lasagna. You could eat an entire pint of strawberries if I would give them to you and I would say bananas is your second favorite fruit. When it comes to vegetables your favories are creamed spinach, corn and green peas. I am so glad you are so welcome to try new foods and hopefully you will rub off on your Daddy soon. :)
You continue to be such a chatty Cathy these days. You are talking all the time and Mommy is still trying to distinguish a lot of what comes out of your mouth! You love to call for Maggie, and see her come running when you do. Your new name for Grandmother is GiGi, and you enjoy spending time with her and Poppy. You attempt to repeat most everything we ask you to do and think you are such a big girl these days. There are so many new words in your vocabulary these days and I wish I could remember them all. You call Amanda, Mandy and Wilson is Wisson. You love practicing all you learned at swimming lessons everytime you take a "baaath". Which speaking of you LOVE bath time. You will play in there forever!
We have gotten quite the little
You have become quite the little fan of Minnie these days and she goes everywhere with us. You call for her at nap and bedtime and although I typically find her on the floor in the morning you immediately call for her when I walk into the room and we pick her up along with your 2 blankets, 2 lovies and 'carrot' you also sleep with. I have no idea what I am going to send with you when you start Parent's Day Out in the fall.
On that note, we have started looking for schools for you in the past month. Yes, I am talking about where we will send you when you start Kindergarten. That will be in the year 2013! Anyways, we are looking into Christ Methodist Day School or Woodland Presbyterian School, and will probably start you in either 3 or 4 year old preschool when the time comes. Wow, such a big life changing decision to make and crazy if you ask me that we have to be thinking about this when you are only 18 months old!!
We have visited the Sprinkler Park in Collierville twice in the last month and you seem to enjoy it more and more each time. You aren't a hug fan of the water splashing unexpectantly in your face but overall you have a great time. We still go to story time at Davis Kidd on Thursday's with Wilson and Amelia and you have really started to join in on singing the songs and doing the motions. If you aren't singing along you are usually shaking your booty and making other's laugh. You are such a little hoot and just crack me up with your silliness.
You bring me and your Daddy more joy than we ever thought possible and I can't imagine a single minute without you. Thank you for showing me how to love someone so much it hurts.
Love you,
Mama
2 comments:
This is very sweet! I enjoyed reading about how she is changing and growing up! The last part about learning how to love someone so much it hurts is SO true! It is painful, but in a good way - a way unimaginable before we were blessed with these sweet babies!
Your blog entries are so sweet and awesome. Do you write these in a journal for Lilliana? You should b/c she will love to read them later. I need to do the same for Ellison.
Post a Comment