Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Honest weight gain!






Well tonight when we arrived for the evening visitation Lilliana's favorite night nurse was taking care of her. She decided we would go ahead and weigh her while I was there so I could see if she had gained weight. Well, I am glad to say that she now weighs 5 pounds 6.4 ounces, so we are actually more than birth weight! Yay, it looks like tomorrow may be the day. I also got to give Lilliana her first bath by mommy. She was not a happy camper at first but when I started to wash that head full of hair she just seemed in heaven. It was such a special time and I was just giddy upon leaving the NICU. I plan to call in the morning to see if tomorrow will be the day.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog so long ago, but I remember feeling especially tied to you; intially because your name is Melody (as is my name!) but also because I was pregnant at the time I found it. I was heart-broken to read your story, but amazed to see how you and Clay handled it all with such faith and grace.

I had not checked your blog in quite awhile, and just dropped by today to see how you and Clay were doing. Wow! It looks like you have a new little miracle, and blessings to celebrate! I have been praying for you both for quite awhile, and am so glad I checked in today. Congratulations!