Thursday, December 20, 2007

We are out of here!





Well this morning when we arrived in the NICU, Lilliana's nurse met us at the door and said "are you ready to go home with her?" We were so excited but a little bit unprepared, as when I called this morning they were not for sure yet. I did not bring her coming home outfit and Daddy still had not installed the carseat. Granted, it was sitting in the car but not properly installed yet. After speaking with her nurse, I informed her that I would like to try and nurse Lilliana upon arriving home and she said we could meet with lactation consultant during her next feeding time which will be around 12:30. After that we will do all of her discharge planning and be on our way.


So after feeding Lilliana this morning we left to go complete some last minute things before she came home. I went to the house and did some last minute disinfecting and Daddy went to get a hair-cut and installed the car seat. Then it was time to go get our new addition. Upon arrival Lilliana was just starting to stir, so we paged the LC and she met us there to see if Lilliana would latch on, and did she ever. She is a nursing champ and I am just feeling so blessed. This is something that I have prayed about since learning we were pregnant again as I feel very strong about nursing. I really do believe that babies were meant to be breastfed so I am glad that Lilliana enjoys it so much. Anyways, even the LC was impressed and after a good feeding and some paperwork we were out the door. We said our good byes to everyone in the NICU along with those in L & D and they all just thought she looked just precious in her coming home outfit, as do we. Daddy got her strapped in her seat and off we went with Daddy driving more cautious than ever!

No comments: