Well shortly after arriving on the postpartum floor, I noticed that Lilliana was breathing fast and she appeared to be grunting so I called her well baby nurse into the room and she agreed. After taking her into the nursery to do a oxygen check on her they realized that her O2 sats were low and they had to transfer her to the NICU. At first they thought she just had Transient tachypnea of the newborn which is common after a c-section birth but upon obtaining a chest x-ray it was confirmed that she had a slight case of hyalin membrane disease. This is essentially immature lungs. Luckily she is only on a small amount of oxygen through her nose but it could be as long as 2 weeks before she can come home. Clay and I are very saddened but glad that we are able to hold her when we go down to see her. I wanted so badly to be able to keep her in my room and just have a normal take home baby but I guess things could be a lot worse so I should be thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment