Friday, May 20, 2011

SUYL - Main Dishes

Today over at Kelly's Korner, she is talking about your favorite main dishes. I will say, I love cooking and I love that my family enjoys my cooking as much as they do. It didn't take long after Clay and I got married for me to fatten him up a bit!! I actually have a few "staples" that are my "go-to" dishes when I am making out my weekly menus. You also will know if you have read my blog lately that I have recently run across e-mealz and I just love the ease and variety that it has provided for my life.

I <3 Emealz

Anyways, below are just a couple of my family's most favorite meals.

Rotel Chicken

2-3 chicken breasts (I bake mine in the oven with a little Italian dressing for extra flavor)
12 ounces of cooked spaghetti noodles
8 ounces of sour cream
1 lb. Velveeta
1 can rotel

After cooking noodles and chicken, shred chicken meat and stir in pot with cubed Velveeta, sour cream, and can of rotel. Add noodles and stir on low until cheese is melted. I typically half this dish and will place a portion in an 8 x 8 pan and bake on 350 for approx 25 minutes or until slightly browned on top. I then place the other portion in a freezer container for another meal within the month.

White Bean Chicken Chili

2 can's great northern beans
1 can black beans
2-3 frozen chicken breasts
1 small can corn
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
8 ounces sour cream

Mix great northern beans, black beans, chicken, and corn in crock pot and place on low. Mix cream of chicken soup, taco seasoning and chicken broth in small bowl and pour in crock pot on top of other ingredients and stir. Cook on low for approx. 8 hours. Add sour cream just before serving.

I like to serve mine topped with cheese and with corn muffins on the side :)

Creamy Italian Chicken

2-3 chicken breasts
1 pkg. dry Italian seasoning
1/4 cup water
pkg. cream cheese
cream of chicken soup

Place chicken breast in crock pot and mix dry Italian seasoning with 1/2 cup water and pour over chicken. Cook for approx 6 hours on low or until chicken is cooked through. Mix softened cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in bowl and pour over cooked chicken. Cook for approx 1 more hour or until cheese melts. Serve over rice or noodles.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Coming over from Kelly's Korner. All these recipes look awesome! I'm bookmarking them!!