If there is one thing I have gained from having children, it would definitely be a "sweet tooth"! I never really had a desire to eat sweet things before having kids but since, I seem to "need" a dessert or something sweet with every meal. At least with dinner. Anyways, here a few of my favorite recipes of all times.
First off is a Banana Fudge Pie. This is my go to for new mom's or when I am taking a fun dessert for a party. I just love it! My mom ran across the recipe probably more than 20 years ago and began making it for my dad at that time and I have carried on the tradition. It is by far my most favorite dessert ever and my request when it's birthday time.
Banana Fudge Pie
1 pie crust
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. sugar
3 bananas
In small pan on stovetop, melt chips slowly,turn off heat and add eggs, sugar and stir. Add 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix well. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees until top springs back or toothpick comes out clean. Cool pie, then add bananas (sliced) and Cool Whip. Keep refrigerated. I typically top with mini chips and a few more bananas too. Yum, yum, good!!
This next recipe is for Caramel Pie. I got it from one of my friends from nursing school and since making it for the first time and taking it to a family function, it has been much requested. Super easy and so yummy!!
Caramel Pie
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
2 Heath bars - crushed
cool whip
Cook a can of Eagle Brand Milk, unopened in boiling water ( low boil) for 3-4 hours. Cool completely in refrigerator up to 2 days and then it can then be spread into a prepared pie shell and covered in whip cream, or cool whip. Top with Heath bar pieces and serve. It is to die for!!
Be sure the can is completely immersed in water while it simmers or there is a danger of the can exploding.
No comments:
Post a Comment