Saturday, May 21, 2011

A big let down

Today Little Love and I headed to a local bookstore for breakfast with Belle. I bought our tickets almost a month ago and have really been looking forward to taking my little Princess. I found a sweet friend to switch shifts with me at work since breakfast was set to begin at 8:30.

I decided to wait and surprise Little Love when we arrived but spent the early morning hours before leaving giving her hints to what we were up to. We sang songs from the movie on the way there and I'm pretty sure she knew something special was going on.

When we arrived, we checked in with Miss Marjorie and headed to the Bistro to sit down for breakfast. We were handed a bag full of goodies to do while waiting on Princess Belle and that was when Little Love figured it out. She was so excited and ready to see Belle. We waited and waited, finished our breakfast and were told to head to the activity center. It really never hit me that something was off, although everyone had been wondering when Belle would come out.

Miss Marjorie said we always started story time with a song so we all sang " If You're Happy and You Know It" then, she broke the news. She said that Belle wasn't coming, that her carriage got stuck in the mud!! Are you kidding me. All the little Princesses were devastated and I think all the Mom's jaws dropped to the ground at the same time.

After a refund for the tickets I'd purchased we headed home. I was so sad for my Little Love. I know there will be many more disappointments in her life but I don't want to be the cause of them if I can help it.

Oh, and she's been in search of Belle all day while we were out. She wanted to help get her unstuck from the mud. :(



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Paige said...

Oh no!!! Poor thing. What a let down =( I'm sure she had a blast hanging out with you!

Andrea said...

Aww that stinks!