Friday, May 20, 2011

7 month's young

This month you became very dependent on your Momma. You began crying when I would leave for work and you have become such a little Momma's baby. I do love it but I think your Daddy is having a hard time with you choosing me over him. I know it is just a matter of time until you and your sissy are probably both choosing Daddy over me since he seems to be the "fun" one so I am just trying to soak it all up!! We finally got to the doctor for Little Man's "6 month check-up" and we got a great report. He weighed in at 15 lb 15 ounces, was 26" long. We aren't having much luck with solids so far but he is still nursing like a champ and Dr. K wasn't concerned. He did say that if his appetite of solids didn't pick up soon we would need to make sure he was getting a daily dose of the iron drops. We are going to work hard to increase his solids because I am not so sure I will be able to get him to take the iron drops by mouth since he only takes a bottle on the weekends when I'm working.

You are in 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. You have started rolling all over the place and I can't put yuo down for a second without the possibility of you moving across the floor.

You love your sissy and I think she has developed a new affliction for you now that you are able to "play" with her and laugh and coo at her. You have started making noises that sound a bit like Dada lately but I can't officially chart you are saying it thus far. :) I have been working with you like crazy to get Momma out of you to no avail.

We started working on some baby sign language this month and sister is being a big help in that category too. We are currently just working on 'more', 'milk', 'momma', and 'dadda'. This worked really well to help Little Love be able to express herself before she was able to talk so I am hoping for the same positive experience with Little Man.

I love you so much and can't believe how quickly that last 7 months have flown by!!

No comments: