Today after church we decided to run by Lenny's and pick up some buy one get one free sub sandwiches and then head to the park near our house. I had great intentions of bringing everyone a change of clothes but lack of time this morning interrupted that so we just went in our church clothes.
I'm telling you, the Devil himself seems to join us every Sunday morning at our house. Not sure if we are the only one's but it is by far the most hectic day with more problems arising every week. He will stop at nothing to keep us from worshipping the Lord! Anyway, we made it to church nonetheless and enjoyed a great Sunday School lesson on the book of James. We have been going through James one chapter at time and I have really enjoyed it. Next week we are starting Galations and I am really looking forward to it.
Today was also a day of firsts, drum roll please ....... we finally took Little Man to church nursery! I know, yes, we are those parents, at least I am. He is 6 month's old and although I was trying to wait until we ventured through all of RSV/Flu season which would have been May, he just wasn't going to make it. He was getting all squirmy and talkative so Clay and I decided we needed to bite the bullet and put him in this morning.
I did get a page right when we were saying the prayer in Sunday School that he needed me but I think he was just hungry and overtired. They said he had just started crying but since they are so sweet and know I don't like him to cry, they went ahead and paged me. He was asleep before we even got down the road in his carrier.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Honey - that ole devil tries his best to make every Sunday morning in a family a disaster, just so people won't go to church. I remember when you & Christy were little, by the time we got to church, I was worn out and in a huff on some days. It's that devil! Satan, get out of my life! :o) Even on the most prepared mornings, where I had laid out your clothes & my clothes, and even gotten up earlier than usual......he would attack. I will pray for you specifically on Saturday nights & Sunday mornings that that ole devil will just leave you alone. I love you! Momma
Post a Comment