Friday, April 15, 2011

Show us your life - book list

Over at Kelly's Korner, she is talking about books that you are currently reading. Outside of my bible study book, I am also trying to finish a couple books which some are on my Nook. I do still love a good paper back though so I have plenty of those to go around also.

I just finished "90 Minute's in Heaven" and really enjoyed it. It was a super quick read that I finished in just a couple days but it was really uplifting. I tend to read mostly Christian fiction books and love anything by Karen Kingsbury. I have read probably at least 20 of her novels and have loved each one more than the one before.

If you peeked at my nightstand, you would see titles such as, "Grace Based Parenting" by Tim Kimmel, "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs, "What a Husband Needs From His Wife" by Melanie Chitwood, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian, The Love Dare, from the fabulous movie, "Fireproof", "Radical" by David Platt, and my daily devotional, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.






I LOVE to read and LOVE to gain something from what I am reading! I can definitely say that my love for reading hasn't always been true but since getting married, pregnant, month's on bedrest and then lots of late night feedings, I have a true love for literature now.

Of course, my most favorite time to read is sitting under the umbrella on the beach with a great book in hand but a girl can dream right???

2 comments:

Erin Branscom said...

Yes, bedrest would make me appreciate reading too! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

I love your blog! I am following you!

Nikki said...

Cool!

I am reading Stolen Angels, about the LRA kidnapping for child soldiers/brides, in anticipation of my upcoming trip to Uganda.

By the way, check out www.madebynikki.blogspot.com if you are interested in a new blog design to showcase those cute kids of yours!

Nikki