Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our week

This past week we didn't really do anything super exciting. We enjoyed a lot of quality time at home and didn't venture out too much. It stormed again on Monday while Little Love was in school but nothing like the wind and possible tornado's the week before. Little Man was again such a trooper and slept like a champ with me Monday morning. I dread the day he decides that sleeping with his tired Momma until lunch time isn't cool any longer.

Once it was time to get Little Love from school, we loaded up and then headed by Kroger to pick up items for my weekly meals courtesy of E-mealz. Have I mentioned how much I am LOVING this new challenge??? It makes my shopping so much more fun and cuts my meal planning time to almost nothing. So worth it for me. I actually look forward to Sunday nights now. Anyways, back to where I was, Little Love picked up a donut and a milk as her snack and away shopping we went.

We had ballet on Tuesday and then went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and play time. I love the Christian Chicken and so does Little Love. I do believe we could eat there everyday if we could. It's just that they are so incredibly nice there, play good Christian music and they will bring my food to the table as I am straining to carry both kids by myself. The owner even helped carry Little Love out this past week because he insisted that I my hands were too full!

Wednesday we met up with my friend Lauren to pick strawberries and then headed to the new playground at Shelby Farms. It was so fun and the park is just great. We had a bit of difficulty finding a shady spot at the part but once we did, Little Man was happy and I was able to let Little Love run around and enjoy herself. I decided to forgo church that night and bible study because I wasn't feeling the greatest and just needed a night off.

Thursday we just stayed at home and had a jammie day. We had friends over and sat around in our jammies and enjoyed strawberry bread and coffee. It was so nice to now have to get out and just enjoy a quiet morning at home with friends. They girls enjoyed playing dress up and running around in Little Love's Princess high heels and Little Man slept most of the time they were here. We then met Clay up for a quick lunch and then ran by the Dixon Gallery to take some pictures. (I hope to post them soon)

Friday was again laid back and we just took a quick trip to Davis Kidd for some playtime before naps and me heading to work. I really love my days home with the kids and I know they do too.

We are still loving E-mealz and this week were all something new. On Monday night, I made mini meatloaves with mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner and it was a huge hit all around, then on Tuesday I made shrimp tacos which were a combination of a couple recipes I've been wanting to try and the one from E-mealz. Then on Wednesday night I made a one-dish chicken and potato meal that was so yummy. I served crescent rolls and mushroom rice with it and I am definitely adding it to the make again category. We were low key on Thursday with sandwiches and then left overs tonight. I try to cook at least 4 nights a week and since I have started doing this meal plan that has been super easy to obtain.

Can't wait until Sunday night so that I can print our new menu plan for the week :)

No comments: