Sunday, April 03, 2011

E-mealz

I had heard from a friend about E-mealz quite a while ago and never got the opportunity to sit down and check it out until recently. Well, let me tell you, I am only 2 weeks in but so far I am LOVING it! It has made my shopping so much easier and I think I am really saving money! Now who doesn't love that!!

Last week we enjoyed Hot dogs on the grill, Turkey tacos, White Bar-b-que chicken with baked potatoes, crustless ham and cheese quiche with biscuits and fruit, Pioneer Woman's Chicken tacos with rice and refried beans. Yes we love Mexican food and could eat it every day :)

I think the thing I enjoy most about it is that your meals are laid out right in front of you and not only do you receive the recipes, but also the shopping list. It is also based on the current sales of whichever store you shop at. I really don't think it could get much better than that.

Clay is a picky eater but every meal last week was one that he wants me to cook again. That is a huge compliment at our house. We typically have the conversation after a meal that goes something like this; "was that a good meal to enjoy once in a while, or one to add to the repertoire?" I definitely have a lot of new recipes to add to my cook book in the coming weeks.

I just printed this weeks E-mealz plan and here is a little sample of what our weeknight meals will look like. Spaghetti, Chicken-Pineapple stir-fry with rice, Bar-b-qued pork chops with baked potatoes, One-dish Chicken meal, and Turkey burgers on the grill with new potato wedges.

It is making my boring shopping trips and meal planning so much more fun and the variety is great. I was getting so tired of the same old meals week in and week out. If you are looking to change up your weeknight routine, definitely check out E-mealz. Even Dave Ramsey endorses it and if you ask me, that speaks volumes. (You can also use the code DAVE and save an extra $2.50 on a 3 month membership which brings it down to $12.00)

If you are interested, I added a link on the right hand side that will take you directly to the E-mealz site.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Think we're going to try it!

Ashley said...

Which E-Mealz plan do you use? We were doing the Points Plus plan...but I'm thinking of switching soon :)

Our little ark said...

which plan did you pick? It seems like you pick a grocery store for your subscription. Is that what you did?

Melody said...

Hey Ashley and Amanda, I did the Kroger plan. It says West TN or something like that but it works for me. The sales may not be exact but they are close. I choose the one with 7 meals because Clay and I are somewhat picky and I thought that would give me an option to pick and choose which ones I wanted to use :)

Our little ark said...

Thanks so much! I am DEF going to sign up.